Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Say What?

Christians, it seems, say the darnedest things. So, who recently said the following?

1) “I firmly believe I’m innocent of the charges against me. We believe that God, in fact, is in control and indeed He does work all things for the good of those who love the Lord.”

A. Former Enron CEO Ken Lay
B. Former lobbyist Jack Abramoff
C. Former congressman Ken DeLay
D. Former vice presidential aide “Scooter” Libby
E. Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein


2) And while we are on the subject, who said this?

“I don’t think Jesus would be mad at me and the message I am trying to send.”

A. Madonna
B. Mel Gibson
C. Neil Young
D. Karl Rove
E. Saddam Hussein


ANSWERS:
1) A: Yes, Ken Lay had the nerve to invoke God’s name after being found guilty on 10 counts related to the collapse of Enron.

2) A: And yes, Madonna was defending herself against criticism stemming from her concert tour, in which she hangs herself from a mirrored cross in a mock crucifixion scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home